header

header

Friday, December 3, 2010

Visura Magazine

Stephen Crowley – Voices of Afganistan

There is something dark and scary about Stephen’s images. I am fascinated with the styling of these images. They look as if they were taken in the early 1900’s but they were not. They have a harsh vignette, which I find increases the effectiveness of the images. A portrait in a way, a portrait of a normal human being trying to survive in harsh conditions in a harsh land.

I am drawn to the black and white images. The eyes more than anything stand out to me and for portraits rightfully so. This work inspires me in more own, making me more aware of what makes a good image. The small elements and the large, such as style and type of film and equipment. This all reflects in one’s photo. I just find these images compelling and hope that in the future what ever work I produce has these attributes and quality about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment