header

header

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ed Kashi

I have chosen the artist Ed Kashi. There are certain elements I enjoy about his work. I enjoy his use of black and white photography. I believe it emphasizes the emotional intensity of the more than likely dramatic imagery. The content of his documentary photos are somewhat related and rightfully so. They consist of traumatic war zones and those who have been affected by war directly or dramatic stories of individuals going through some hard times.

I think for some photographers its a hard choice to decide whether its necessary to show reality as it is. For example Ed Kashi has multiple photos containing and clearly showing the death of an individual. Im glad he does this, it makes the photo that much more real. It brings reality into focus. Since we are typically shielded away from things as death we have a much harder time dealing with the concept or even the sight of a dead person. To me, he composes these images in a very good way, showing the reality of the situation being documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment